Elizabeth Hunter Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Singer

5 posters

Go down

The Singer Empty The Singer

Post by Engineer Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Reminder - Use the "spoiler" tool when discussing details.
Engineer
Engineer

http://www.pastdueproductions.com

Back to top Go down

The Singer Empty Re: The Singer

Post by Engineer Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:48 pm

For those that missed the announcement on Elizabeth's Facebook page -

Okay, Scribe fans, in case you missed it in the wee hours of this morning, the first draft of The Singer is finished. (Yay!) Noooo, that doesn't mean it will be out next week, but the revisions and editing and all that jazz are on schedule for an early May release. Thanks for all the encouragement and good wishes everyone.

Sooooo... Does that mean we might get a spoiler here on the forum? Hummmmmm.

It never hurts to ask does it?
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 am

Ask, and you shall receive...

(Sometimes.)

This is an EXCLUSIVE teaser for my forum members. Are there spoilers? Well... it's a bit vague, so you'll just have to discuss amongst yourself. I will tell you that this scene happens early on in the book. Chapter Three, to be precise. Keep in mind, this is unedited, so ignore any typos.

~~~
The forest was midnight black, shrouded in a thick fog that curled and twisted around his ankles. The path he followed was not clear; wet branches slapped his face as he stumbled in the dark.

Where was she?

He could hear her in the distance. Her cries ripped through his chest. Every time she grew louder, he was forced to turn again, as the path diverted him. The dark maze wove through the forest, teasing him. Frustrating him.

He would not be defeated.

The dark mass rose before him, looming over his head as if trying to block out the stars. Damp branches laced with thorns twisted in on themselves, blocking him from going further. The maze urged him to turn again, but he stopped. Held his hand up.

Her voice was audible now.

“Please. Please come back.”

With a frustrated roar, he pounded on the twisted branches. Then he spun around, looking for a way out or around or through. It was a dead end. There was nowhere to turn but away from her again.

But his mate needed him. She called for him, and he’d left her alone too long.

He plunged his hands into the thick brush that separated him from her voice. He ignored the pain as he forced his way forward.

“Please,” she whispered, her voice thick with tears. “I need you.”

He tore at the hedge, ripping away the thorns and branches that tore his skin, ignoring the pain in his chest, ignoring everything except her voice. Finally, his bloody hand reached through and felt the cool air on the other side.

Pale moonlight streamed through the fog, as he forced his bleeding body the rest of the way through the brush. There, on the far side of the clearing, he saw her.
Broken and bent with grief, she curled into herself, her arms wrapped around her legs. She wore a pale robe, streaked with mud, that pooled around her feet. She rocked back and forth as he approached. He approached cautiously, kneeling in front of her where she sat. Then he reached out a tentative hand and pushed a damp curl from her face.

She looked up.

“You left me.”

“I found you.”

“Why did it take so long?”

“I was lost.”

Her gold eyes didn’t glow as they should have. They were dull with sorrow. Exhausted with weeping. He could see the tear tracks glittering on her cheeks.

“I found you, reshon.”

She held out her arms like a child asking for comfort. He reached out and picked her up, lifting her from the cold ground and cradling her against his chest. He felt her fingers tracing over his scratched skin.

“What happened to you?”

“I told you. I was lost, but I came back.”

“You found me.”

“Yes.”

“And you’re not leaving again?”

“No. I promise.”

“I’m so tired.” She lay her head on his shoulder, and he felt his heart swell with
purpose.

“Then rest while I hold you. I promise, I won’t let go.”

Admin
Admin

https://elizabethhunterforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charity_C Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:10 pm

WooHoo.... patiently waiting for more spoilers to make the time til release pass quickly  Laughing Thanks for the teaser. great as always!

Charity_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Nena Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Elizabeth I really don't know how you did it and what is it about this love story but I have never waited for another book with so much hope and impatience. I love love love this story! Well done!

Nena

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie V Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:49 pm

Elizabeth, this sounds amazing. I so can't wait for their reunion. Looking forward to May  Very Happy 

Jackie V

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Cifuentes Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:35 pm

I feel like a stalker waiting for this book  Very Happy 

Karen Cifuentes

Back to top Go down

Post by Engineer Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 pm

To forum members, point of discussion -

I'm not done reading The Scribe yet and it may be revealed later in the book, but did the reference to "gold eyes" mean something?
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommarazzi Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 pm

Engineer, never thought about that until you mentioned it, the color of her eyes, gold, the color of his- grey. I'm glad they get to at least dreamwalk together (if not actually reunite) early in the book!!!!

Mommarazzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Engineer Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Mommarazzi wrote:Snippett.......the color of her eyes,  gold, the color of his-  grey.

Ok, so, we all know E doesn't do random things, what do you think is the significance to the gold?
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nena Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Jaron's eyes glow with gold as well. I have a theory but don't want to go into details until u finish reading the book...

Nena

Back to top Go down

Post by Engineer Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Nena wrote:Jaron's eyes glow with gold as well. I have a theory but don't want to go into details until u finish reading the book...

Very Kind of you but there's no problem, please, throw your theory out here. Others are welcome to jump in.  Cool
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nena Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:54 pm

I think that Ava is more powerful and more angelic and may not be Irina like others are. Her mother is not Irina and I think her father was Grigori or one of the fallen. He insisted on her name being Ava and as explained in The Scribe, names are very important. I think that she may be the gift of the merciful God to the fallen. Just something that crossed my mind while reading the prologue to The Singer. She is very important to Jaron. He was waiting for her.

Nena

Back to top Go down

The Singer Empty help me out

Post by calli Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:17 am

SPOILER ALERT
ok...help me out. LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL E's books...I have never been so confused though...or am I? Here it is...Ava's eye color gold- more angelic like...is Ava's Mom in the cell at the end and Jaron fathered her father? Might that be why Ava is so different?? Did I miss the whole ending meaning?? Did Jaron father other woman (who he has helped with the voices?) who will help him get back to heaven?? Who really was in the cell at the end?

calli

Back to top Go down

Post by Charity_C Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 am

calli wrote:SPOILER ALERT
ok...help me out. LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL E's books...I have never been so confused though...or am I? Here it is...Ava's eye color gold- more angelic like...is Ava's Mom in the cell at the end and Jaron fathered her father? Might that be why Ava is so different?? Did I miss the whole ending meaning?? Did Jaron father other woman (who he has helped with the voices?) who will help him get back to heaven?? Who really was in the cell at the end?
Spoiler Alert-It is my understanding the Ava at the end of the book is Ava's grandmother. It seems as though Jaron is her grandfather, but there will probably be a twist in there because Volund also has an interest in Ava and can see where she is like Jaron. Her golden eyes might be because of the fallen, but the book also mentioned the daughters of Leoc had golden eyes. But I am leaning more towards them having to do with Jaron. Lena is her mother and her father is the musician. There was a paternity test that Rhys talks about, so that part is pretty clear. Those are my thoughts any way Smile

Charity_C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum