Elizabeth Hunter Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So many where to start…?

Go down

So many where to start…? Empty So many where to start…?

Post by Rebecca44 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:36 am

I love urban fantasy and paranormal fiction.

I would highly recommend Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan (and the rest of the series, I think there are 4 in all) If you like a little romance with your paranormals, this is for you!

If you are interested in London (though that is not a prerequisite), there are three urban fantasy authors who set their books in and around London.

Ben Aaronovitch is the author of the wonderful Rivers of London series which start with a book entitled Rivers of London believe it or not! In USA it is called Midnight Riot. Peter Grant, a humble police officer finds himself part of a special division of the metropolitan police that deals with magical/mystical crimes. It’s well written, funny, geeky and imaginative. I was hooked from the first book.

I’ve also just discovered Kate Griffin (also writes young adults and teens as Catherine Webb). She’s been writing for a few years, so I’m playing catch up! I’m on the forth Matthew Swift book. They start with the Madness of Angels. Matthew Swift is the last sorcerer in London, using the city to draw magic as he tries to survive a battle for the city. Wonderful books, highly addictive!

Another writer in a similar vein is London Falling by Paul Cornell. Again, well written maybe slightly scarier than the Aaronovitch books and rather than centre on one character, he has a group of four. I’m looking forward to the sequel.

I’m sure I’ll be back with more! Very Happy

Rebecca44

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum